OBJECTIVES OF THE B.SC. NURSING PROGRAMME :
The college of nursing endeavours to develop a nurse :
1. Who is professionally competent in meeting the nursing needs of the individual in the hospital and in the community for care during illness and health.
2. Who is able to demonstrate competency in the skills and techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
3. Who is aware of the moral and ethical values and practises them in personal and professional life.
4. Who is a responsible professional person an an individual and member of the health team, and as a contributing member of society.
5. Who is capable of functioning at the beginning level of teaching and management in the health care setting.
6. Who is capable of seeking opportunities for continual growth as a person, citizen and a professional.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR B.SC. NURSING PROGRAMME:
Duration of the course : 4 years
RULES FOR THE ADMISSION :
1. Approximately 50 students will be admitted to the course.
2. Candidates should have successfully completed the Higher Secondary Examination in science stream with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
3. Minimum 50% and above in Higher Secondary Examination in Science stream or its equivalent and 45% and above for SC/ST OBC/DT-NT. B
4. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination in the first attempt. If the candidate has cleared the qualifying examination in the seond attempt then she would be considered eligible, only if she has cleared the examination in all the subjects at one time and not otherwise. The same is applicable for the reserved category candidates.
5. Candidates should have completed 16 years of age at the time of admission.
6. Admission is done on the basis of entrance test which would comprise of a written test, group discussion, practical test interview & Listening skills. Written test includes papers in English, Science, Mathematics & General Knowledge. The test is held in the college.
7. Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes will be considered as per the Government norms.
8. The College reserves the right for selection of candidates and the decision in this regard will be final and binding.
9. Candidate should produce a Medical fitness certificate.
A Student who seeks admission for the first time to the S.N.D.T. Women’s University shall have to fill in the eligibility form together with a fee of Rs. 100/- to be sent after admission to get her name enrolled with the University. All admissions are provisional till her eligibility is approved by the University. The following original certificates together with xerox copies are required to be submitted with her eligibility forms.
For a student who joins immediately after passing H.Sc. examination :-
1. H.Sc. passing certificate
2. H.Sc. Marksheet
3. School Leaving Certificate
For student who has migrated from another statutory university or board :
1. Last examination certificate (passing certificate)
2. Marksheet showing marks obtained in each subject.
3. Migration certificate from the university / board.
Only transfer certificate will be required for a student who secured
admission to this college after attending any college conducted by or
affiliated to the S.N.D.T. Women’s University